- This event has passed.
Alternatives to Raising Capital for Start Ups
May 23 @ 6:00 pm - 8:30 pmFree
McCarter & English will be discussing the many different mechanisms to raise capital in early stage companies, each with certain advantages and disadvantages. We will go through each method of raising capital and discuss the pros and cons of each, what is considered “market” and why a company/investor might choose one versus another. What might make sense for an angel investor does not always make sense for a venture capitalist.
Included among the options we will discuss are:
• Traditional Priced Equity Round
• Convertible Notes
• Simple Agreements for Future Equity (or SAFEs)
• Keep it Simple Security (or KISS)
• 6:00pm – Doors & networking
• 6:45pm – Introduction, talk, Q&A
• 8:00pm – Networking
• 8:30pm – Everybody out!